Monday, June 18, 2012

Africa - Voice of America: American-Nigerian Voices Her Stake in Immigration Policy

Africa - Voice of America
africa
American-Nigerian Voices Her Stake in Immigration Policy
Jun 18th 2012, 22:19

At the age of 14, Tolu Olubunmi came to the United States with the hopes of immigrating legally. But 17 years later, she is an undocumented immigrant living in the U.S. but unable to use her chemical engineering degree in the workplace or even leave the country for fear of being banned from re-entry. "I am not used to the limbo. I am not used to stress. I am not used to sharing my story. I am not a public person at all, but the courageous attitudes of the dreamers I've gotten to work with ...

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this feed at blogtrottr.com.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe from this feed, or manage all your subscriptions

No comments:

Post a Comment